Tuesday 5 January 2016

THE LAST PHONE CALL

                      Amit finishes writing suicide note. Then he calls up his brother Anuj.




Amit: "I am dying. I just wanted to say..."
Anuj: "What do you mean bhaiya?"
Amit: "I am killing myself"
Anuj: "Why? Wait wait... What are you saying. I will be home in 10 minutes. Don't do anything stupid. Just wait 10 minutes".
Amit: "I can't".
Anuj: "At least listen to me for a minute. One last time".
Amit: "Ok"
Anuj: "I cannot stop you from killing yourself, but bhaiya if you have to die - why not die  in a better way?"

Amit: "What do you mean?"
Anuj: "Bhaiya, remember you wanted to join the Army? Then die fighting bhaiya. Don't die just like that. Fight and die. Make it worthwhile bhaiya".
Amit: "But I don't want to fight anyone".
Anuj: " Why not? Will you you not fight for me? There are enemies at the border, terrorists who want to kill us - why don't you die fighting them bhaiya?"
Amit: "You are messing with my mind now".
Anuj: "No bhaiya. I really don't want to tell anyone that my brother committed suicide. I want to tell that my brother lived and died for a good cause".
Amit: "Hmmmm.......".
Anuj: "Bhaiya, Will you wait for 10 minutes? I am on the way".
Amit: "Ok".


        Anuj rushes home, snatches the suicide note from Amit - and tears it into a thousand pieces. Both have tears in their eyes. Nobody died that day.

MORAL: MAKE THE LIFE WORTHWHILE.

Thanks: Jitender S Bhatia.

No comments:

Post a Comment